Monday, May 3, 2010

Why yes! I Would Love a Diploma!

When you get your doctorate you are then a doctor. I guess that makes me a BACHELOR!!! Woot Woot! Saturday was my college graduation!

As the Shawnee State University graduates of 2010 proceeded down the steps, we began to feel sprinkles and by the time we filed in front of our seats it was raining. The graduates remained standing for the prayer and pledge of allegiance (At this point I'm laughing at how awesome it is going to be to graduate and walk the stage in the rain). While we are still standing, the President of Shawnee stands and says something to the likes of this:

As you may have noticed it is raining. There is a change of plans so listen closely. By the authority vested in me, I now confer upon you your degrees. Congratulations. You are dismissed.

Yep. That was it. We didn't even sit down and it was over. Lame? Yes. Funny? Either that or devastating. Might as well laugh. My college commencement lasted approximately 3 minutes and 26 seconds. Give or take. Pretty sweet. I was disappointed that I didn't get to walk the stage, but it is what it is.

We did manage to get some pictures luckily.

So there you have it.
3 years
2 summers
58 textbooks
17,748 pages
over 100 pages worth of papers
1 semester interning with juvenile court
25 pounds
countless hours of studying, reading, and stressing
and a 3 minute ceremony later....

I have a bachelors in Psychology from Shawnee State University!

Now... on to grad school!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yayyy!