Sunday, August 30, 2009
Sunday, August 23, 2009
So here are my Sunday lists. People I'm grateful for:
1. ANDREA!!! She just made everything okay again!
2. ELIZA!!! For listening to hours of my rambling on the phone when I really needed an ear.
(Do I have some great friends or what?)
3. My advisor. He didn't really do anything, but just letting me explain my plan for the next year really helped.
4. A girl in my class who said people with Tourette's are cool.
And things that I'm grateful for/made me happy this week:
1. My new book shelf! (I've decided to become a reader... as soon as I have time)
2. My new picture frame (thanks Phil)
3. Mowing the grass.
4. My freshly weeded back yard.
5. My completely over organized schedule/bulletin board that puts things in front of me so it doesn't have to swim around in my head.
I've never wanted to slack off from school as much as I do now. And I've never needed to work as hard or do as much as I do this semester with taking way too many hours, taking the GRE, and applying to grad school. One person suggested to me that I'm getting senioritis. I think she might be right :) Wish me luck!
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Friday, August 14, 2009
Sunday, August 9, 2009
But for this week, people I really appreciate:
1. Brittany for letting me live on the floor next to her bed for a week and for making my trip a blast!
2. The Dudleys for picking me up and giving me a place to stay while I was in limbo even though they already had a full house.
3. My mom. Recent observations of other moms and mother-daughter relationships has given me a good dose of appreciation for her. I don't express it enough, but my mom is great and the only mom I would want.
And things I'm grateful for/made me happy this week:
1. Having a really fun week away from home this week.
2. That I'm going home tomorrow.
3. That I have a week left before school starts.
4. We're going to have Internet at the house at school this year!
5. Feeling Heavenly Father's love every single day.
6. That I have a friend who travels everywhere with me, listens to me talk as late into the night or as early in the morning as I need, and doesn't mind my rambling. Do you know who it is? ;)
7. Learning much needed lessons.
8. Even though I'm sad that I'm not going to BYU, Heavenly Father really gave me the reassurance I needed that I'll be where he wants me to be.
9. The fact that I have a spectacular life and I'm blessed beyond what I can hold!
Yes, we were that close. Too bad they didn't turn around so I could get their faces.
This has been an amazingly fun trip. The only down side is that it makes me sad that I'm not going to the Y this fall. Hopefully I'll be here next year for my master's degree. If only :)
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Here's the three sisters on the car ride:
No pics from the river due to water and electronic incompatibilities.
Its kind of weird that I'm an OFFICIAL adult. In a lot of ways I've been an adult for a while now, but in a lot ways I'm definitely not. And to be honest, I hope I never grow up. What fun is life if you can't act like you're 5 years old sometimes?
After the family visit I took my chances with standby and went to UTAH!!! I stayed a few days with the Dudley's (my sister-in-law's family). They were nice enough to pick me up at the airport which I greatly appreciated. While in Salt Lake I went with Bekah to Oakcrest girl's camp. For those of you who I haven't told about Oakcrest, its the camp where I want to work next summer. When I went last week I LOVED it. I really hope I get a counselor job. Wish me luck!
After Salt Lake came Provo, where I am now. I'm staying with my wonderful friend Brittany at BYU and we're having a blast. Look at this gorgeous face I get to wake up to every morning:
And learned I'm a pretty intense Sardines player.
I've already had a ton of fun and there is much more to come. And in case you're wondering if I'm the kind of girl who goes to DI and tries on the ugly wedding dresses for no reason... I totally AM!I think the puffy sleeves were my favorite.
One funny mishap was that Brittany and I walked to DI and didn't realize how far away it was until we got there. So, we sat on the curb looking pretty shady until we got one of Brittany's roommates to pick us up. Totally worth it.