Friday, June 18, 2010

MIA

For the summer, Monday morning through Friday afternoon I am up in the mountains of Utah with no cell phone, no computer, and no mp3 player. Its great. And on the weekends I come home and SLEEEEEEP because during the week, I don't get much :)
A side effect of this is going to be a lack of blogging. But I wanted to give you a little taste of my life right now.
I've lived through:
Flying asteroids (aka flour bombs)...

A giant slide sandwich...

Some messy but delicious cookouts...

13 year old girls hurling me down a zipline...

Golf ball sized hail...

A GIANT slip n' slide...

My first concert...
Lots of love...
Some sweet paper costume parties...
My favorite being Ms. Frizzle from the Magic School Bus during Blast from the Past week...
(I make a spot on Ms. Frizzle if I do say so myself)
And 52 amazing girls.

I can't believe the summer is already half way over. I'm trying to savor every minute. Its been wonderful, tiring, stressful, rewarding, joyful, sorrowful, and great all at the same time. I've never felt so much love for those around me as I do at Oakcrest. It truly is a magical place where I get to teach, testify, stay up late giggling, and have tons of fun. I'm having the time of my life. So here's to the next 5 weeks! May they be as fantastic as the last!

Happy Summer!

1 comment:

Bekah said...

chills, tears, and an odd sense of homesickness for that place I love so much! I'm so glad you're experiencing all of these things and I can live vicariously through you! So fun to see pictures! Hurray for Oakcrest!