Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dear 2010, You're Over

I'm a couple days late but I thought this year demands reviewing for the eventfulness it contained. In 2010 I:

-Interned for Scioto County Juvenile Court
-Interviewed for grad school at BYU
-Got into grad school at BYU
-Interviewed for OAKCREST
-Got into OAKCREST
-Got the Psychology Major of the Year Award (not to brag or anything)
-Graduated college
-Was given a new car by my awesome parents
-Moved to Provo
-Served my heart out for 10 weeks in the most wonderful place on Earth AKA Oakcrest
-Started grad school
-Moved within Provo
-Survived my first semester of grad school
-Started seeing clients (yea, I give therapy! Can you believe it?)
-Had the most heart wrenching moments and moments of despair I've ever had in my life
-Had the most joyful, uplifting, hopeful, happy, and sacred moments of my life

It's been an unbelievable year. A year ago I was planning and hoping to do almost all the things on this list, but I had no idea the journey these things would take me on. The ups and downs, the highs and lows, the love and the pain, the amazing friendships I've developed, the hearts I've touched, and more importantly the hearts that have touched mine. This sounds a little extreme but this year was extreme for me. I had no idea what it would be. But looking back, I love what 2010 has taught me and made me.

Here's to a great 2011!

No comments: