Monday, February 13, 2012

I'm A Big Kid Now

Last week I did something that I have been too terrified to do thus far in my life.

I went out to dinner.
By myself.
On a Friday night.
At a sit down restaurant.
With a waiter.
And people at other tables.
But not at mine.
It was a proud moment.

I won't lie, it was uncomfortable. But I played it cool. Like a classy girl in a cafe who enjoys just hanging out with herself. I did use my journal as a buffer though. I sat and wrote like a mad woman. I think the waiter was more uncomfortable with it than I was. He kept coming up to me while I was eating just to chat. I think so I wouldn't be lonely. But I was perfectly content to just sit and enjoy my time. Shame attack! I'm a grown up. Next up, going dancing alone. It might be a while before I get that much gumption though.

2 comments:

Kailee said...

There's a Friends episode where Rachel goes out to eat alone and she decides she really likes it and does it more. It's really funny! If I remember what season and episode it is I'll tell you :)

Kailee said...

Found it! It's season 4, episode 7, "the one where chandler crosses the line" :)