Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ok, Are You Ready?

I'm ready... the decision is:

I'm going on a mission!!!!


In my church we have these things called missions. If you serve a mission, and you're a girl you go somewhere in the world and teach about the gospel for 18 months. At age 21 this becomes an option for girls if we want it. And I do. And it feels right. So I'm doing it!

So there you have it. Next summer I turn 21 and I'll put in my availability date for shortly thereafter. It's happening. Get ready for it.

Also, I got my response from Teach for America today. REJECTION! Just another confirmation that I'm making the right decision. And, PhD application deadlines are coming up. Naturally, I'm not applying because, I'm going on a mission. So, once those deadlines pass, I will officially have no other options for next year. Except get a job. And we all know that is NOT going to happen :)
Therefore, not applying to PhD programs is me fully committing myself to serving a mission. Happy future :)

1 comment:

sarah said...

YAY! Goldielocks! You will be an amazing missionary! I'm so excited for you!