Monday, May 23, 2011

That Time of Life

This time of life is one of change and growth and excitement. Amidst all of that, comes friends leaving on missions, returning from missions, and getting married and having babies.

It's so weird to see on facebook (of course my source for all social information) that at least 15 people I knew from high school already have kids, and at least 10 are married or engaged. My guy friends are coming home from their missions, and my girl friends are preparing to leave.

Since the end of Oakcrest last summer, 2 of the staff have gotten engaged or married, and 3 of them are leaving for missions in the fall. CRAZY! Its weird to see all of the stuff I've planned for happening around me! I still have a year to wait before my mission plans might come to life (depending on what life has in store for me), but my friends are already doing it. I love it. I'm so excited for all of them. I can't believe we are already here. Woot!

P.S. One of my professors helped in developing this relationship readiness scale for single people. When I took it last night, it said I block myself from really connecting with people (meaning potential romantic partners) because I'm not willing to give up my independence to commit to a relationship. Hehe. Sound about right?

2 comments:

Kat said...

Ha ha! Goldielocks, I want to see this scale. It sounds hilarious! Love ya! Kapo :)

Kailee said...

You should post the scale so the rest of us single people can take it too! :)