Sunday, April 5, 2009

All You Need Is LOVE

On Sundays, trying to find wholesome activities and avoid anything I would consider schoolwork I usually find myself searching the web for a few hours, which I don't like, so I thought I would combine the web and wholesome Sunday fun.

I am a firm believer in the fact that all you need in life is Love and Gratitude. Love for God, everyone, and everything. Also you need gratitude and happiness which go hand in hand. When you are grateful for things they make you happy, when you are happy about something you are grateful for it(or should be). If you have Love and Gratitude everything else in your life will go a lot smoother. However, this can be hard so I'm going to make it a little easier for myself.

Every Sunday from now on, to combine Sunday and the web I am going to make 2 lists. I think one of the biggest influences in our lives is other people, for good and bad. I think we should tell people how great they are and how much we appreciate them, because they often don't know they touched you in some way. And it always feels nice to be appreciated. Also, telling people face to face is weird so this is the least awkward and corny way I could think of. So list one: at least three people that I appreciate this week.
  1. My mom- for an enjoyable lunch and afternoon out together and for being willing to talk about ME the whole time and actually being interested.
  2. My roommate Andrea-worrying about me and asking me several times this week if I was okay.
  3. Paul from the New Testament-he is bold and wonderful. I like him a lot.

Love. Covered.

Since two people would be in list 1 each week, they get their own category in what I'm grateful for/made me happy this week. Because we all know where the things that make us happy come from. If not, might I suggest this (for those of you with facebook). So anyways three things that I'm grateful for/made me happy this week:

  1. Tomatoes
  2. The puff of shampoo smell that comes when I take my hair down
  3. The way the general authorities talk about their wives in conference

Gratitude. Check.

So now that you've spent a half on hour reading reading this ridiculously long post, I hope you are little more happy and feel a little more love. And if you are having a hard time being happy, a happy book is a great solution! Happy Sabbath!

1 comment:

Bekah said...

How great that you have a blog! I look forward to may wonderful posts! We CANNOT WAIT to spend the weekend with you all -- just wish we could stay longer!