Sunday, August 23, 2009

Life is Good

This has been a rough week adjusting to school life again and getting myself in a normal routine. I've been in this funk where the little things that usually excite me, haven't. However that all changed with one wonderful visit from one wonderful girl. Andrea, my old roommate and one of my best friends, came to visit this weekend and it gave me the laughter I needed to get back to my usual self. And its good to be back!

So here are my Sunday lists. People I'm grateful for:
1. ANDREA!!! She just made everything okay again!
2. ELIZA!!! For listening to hours of my rambling on the phone when I really needed an ear.
(Do I have some great friends or what?)
3. My advisor. He didn't really do anything, but just letting me explain my plan for the next year really helped.
4. A girl in my class who said people with Tourette's are cool.

And things that I'm grateful for/made me happy this week:
1. My new book shelf! (I've decided to become a reader... as soon as I have time)
2. My new picture frame (thanks Phil)
3. Mowing the grass.
4. My freshly weeded back yard.
5. My completely over organized schedule/bulletin board that puts things in front of me so it doesn't have to swim around in my head.

I've never wanted to slack off from school as much as I do now. And I've never needed to work as hard or do as much as I do this semester with taking way too many hours, taking the GRE, and applying to grad school. One person suggested to me that I'm getting senioritis. I think she might be right :) Wish me luck!

No comments: