Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer fun!

The past couple weeks have been jam packed with fun. Last week Brad and Bekah were in town for birthday week (the week when my mom, dad, Mindy, and me all have birthdays). I loved spending time with the PA Goldies and the Ohio Goldies.
During our family visit, mom, Bekah, and I sang at church. Can you guess who our accompanist was?
ELIZA!!!! She came and we had a wonderful visit. And she came with awesome birthday presents, which I used to create THIS masterpiece:
Eliza. Is. Wonderful.

On my 18th birthday the family went kayaking down the Little Miami. Here's Mallory and me on the way:Is a little attention on my birthday too much to ask :)

Here's the three sisters on the car ride:
No pics from the river due to water and electronic incompatibilities.

Its kind of weird that I'm an OFFICIAL adult. In a lot of ways I've been an adult for a while now, but in a lot ways I'm definitely not. And to be honest, I hope I never grow up. What fun is life if you can't act like you're 5 years old sometimes?

After the family visit I took my chances with standby and went to UTAH!!! I stayed a few days with the Dudley's (my sister-in-law's family). They were nice enough to pick me up at the airport which I greatly appreciated. While in Salt Lake I went with Bekah to Oakcrest girl's camp. For those of you who I haven't told about Oakcrest, its the camp where I want to work next summer. When I went last week I LOVED it. I really hope I get a counselor job. Wish me luck!
After Salt Lake came Provo, where I am now. I'm staying with my wonderful friend Brittany at BYU and we're having a blast. Look at this gorgeous face I get to wake up to every morning:

While in Utah I took my first bus, had my first Jamba Juice,

Played my first game of Sardines, in which I got THIS BABY:

And learned I'm a pretty intense Sardines player.

I've already had a ton of fun and there is much more to come. And in case you're wondering if I'm the kind of girl who goes to DI and tries on the ugly wedding dresses for no reason... I totally AM!I think the puffy sleeves were my favorite.

One funny mishap was that Brittany and I walked to DI and didn't realize how far away it was until we got there. So, we sat on the curb looking pretty shady until we got one of Brittany's roommates to pick us up. Totally worth it.

No comments: