Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hooray for driving!

As of today, I am an official licensed driver again. Thank goodness! Living on your own, in a more rural area, and not being able to drive is not the most convenient thing.

In the spirit of this joyous occasion of getting my license back, I thought I'd share a secret of mine. I've always wondered what it would be like to make these:
I would love to spend a day making rumble strips. It just looks like it would be fun to take fresh, perfectly smooth pavement and make special dents in it. I imagine a giant steamroller with raised lines across it going over and making perfect lines in the asphalt. However, I'm sure the actual art of rumble strip making is not nearly as glamorous as I imagine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw rumble strips being made once! It was pretty much exactly like you described it.