Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Final Days

The last bit of my trip has been fantastic. First, BYU had a yard sale, yes a yard sale, where I got this GIANT coloring book, which was so big I had to ship it home. Along with the coloring book, I got a Disney princess Frisbee for 10 cents. Was I excited? O yea.

And what do you do after yard sale shopping but bowling?

Ok, brace yourself. Here's the BIGGEST MOST AMAZING story of the week. Brittany had 2 cousins in a ballroom dance camp at BYU this week so we went to their final performance. And you'll never guess who 2 of the judges were. Jonathan and Anna, from Dancing With the Stars.
And they performed!!

Yes, we were that close. Too bad they didn't turn around so I could get their faces.

Next up was the improv comedy act on campus where Brittany and I met up with NICOLE! She's a friend from my home stake that moved a few months ago to Idaho. It was good to catch up!

One of my favorite things about Provo is that you can walk places in the middle of the night and its relatively safe. We took a nice little trip to Sammy's which is a diner where they make shakes and put in an entire piece of pie! Or so I'm told. YUM!

So in the spirit of firsts and lasts, I had my first trip to IHOP on my last official night in Utah (Sunday nights don't count). And I did my first Chinese fire drill in the state of Utah :)

This has been an amazingly fun trip. The only down side is that it makes me sad that I'm not going to the Y this fall. Hopefully I'll be here next year for my master's degree. If only :)

No comments: